Sunday, April 19, 2009

Half Marathon

So my awesome sister Chelsey convinced me to train and run the Salt Lake Half Marathon with her. She did it last year and it was so awesome to see her finish, that I decided to do it. I convinced Ty to run it with me, he was so nice and patient with me through the training, cause I am not as fast as he is! We started training in January, I could barely run 1 mile! I remember my first 3 mile run I threw up and it was so hard. The longest run we did was a 9 and a half mile run about a month ago! We babysat my bosses kids while they went to Rome for 10 days, so we took like 2 weeks off from training 2 weeks before the race, not a very smart idea! But we tried really hard to run a lot the last 2 weeks to get back. It was amazing how long it takes to get in shape and how easy it is to get out! So we got going in the race and we felt really good. The first 10 miles were really nice and actually kind of fun. We just took our time so we didn't get too tired and we soaked it all in all the energy that is there. Along the way there was probably 6 different groups of bands, singers, or people playing music. It was really cool. So many people stand out along the trail and cheer, it was fun I would give people high 5 and cheer back to them and say thanks! It does help to know that random people are out to support everyone! We ran from the Olympic bridge up by the University of Utah and ran down to Gateway. We ran through Sugar house neighborhoods and it was really fun, and a fun place to run. After mile 10 I had a mental break down, I actually started crying and told Ty I couldn't do it! But he was so patient and good with me and kept pushing me on! The last 2 miles were like uphill too which made it worse for me of course! But when we turned the corner by Gateway and saw Ty's family with our little Kennady it was so awesome, and then when we went down the middle of Gateway and my parents were there cheering taking pics, and Chelseys inlaws the Pughs were there cheering (and Chelsey, she beat us by like 15 minutes good job Chelsey!!) It was so awesome. We finished together with a 2 hours and 21 minute time! Kind of slow, but I wasn't in this to go fast, I just wanted to finish, and especially since we took those few weeks off, not a good idea! But we are so glad we did it. We are really sore today, and my big toenail is coming off, and a few blisters, but it was an awesome experience for me and Ty to do together. We had to help each other through it, mostly Ty helped me through it. Now I can say I have ran a half marathon! We would like to thank everyone that came, Ty's parents, Parker, Heidi, my good friend Megan Vukich and he little baby Cayden, my parents, Courtnee, CaRynn and of course our little baby Kennady! Thanks to Ty's parents for taking her and helping her through it all. Now our next feat will be a triathlon, me and Chelsey are going to start training to swim, we are not good swimmers so if anyone knows a good place to take lessons let me know. Here are some pics..

Here comes Chelsey she is fast!
Here we come finally!!
I actually am smiling!!
After we finished.
We did it!!
Our cute little families!



Thanks for making me do this Chelsey!
Happy Boston...
Mad Kennady!























































5 comments:

Bailey Family said...

Cam that is awesome! I am so proud of you! What an accomplishment! IT makes me want to train and run it next year! Way to go!!!

Anonymous said...

Good Job Cami! One of my other friends ran that too. I wish I had the motivation to run... maybe someday!

The Rasmussen's said...

Awesome job Cami and Ty! I am impressed. I don't think I could do it!

Andrea said...

nice job! had we known about it we would've tried to be there as well!

Megan said...

Good job Cam. I love that race we've done it a few times sad I didn't do it this year. You will have to tell me what you think of a triathlon. Mike and I did one about a year ago and I didn't like it. We did practice the swimming part too because I am a terrible swimmer. Are you up for a marathon in Sept. or Oct? That's our next thing. I loved your pics. It's been too long since I've seen you. Cute, cute family.