Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Special Olympics

So I had an awesome experience this last month. I got to be apart of something that was such an amazing experience and something that I will definitely do again. I got to coach the special olympics volleyball team for Bingham. It was such an awesome experience to be with those kids and see how excited they get and how much they feel so involved it is really fun! We had a few practices and we went to a one day tournament. We had 2 teams, Charron coached the upper level kids, and I did the lower level kids, with both teams we had half athletes and half peer students. It was so fun, my team played 2 games and got out, which as ok, they had just enjoyed being there and they loved playing. Charron's team took the Silver medal! It was fun to see them succeed and be so proud of themselves. There were so many amazing people there and the kids would get so excited when they got to hit the ball or anything and whether it was a good hit or not everyone cheered and the kids got a huge smile on their face. It would bring tears to my eyes every time and I was so proud of them. Anyway we are hoping to put together a soccer team and a basketball team in the fall, and I am definitely going to be involved!

No comments: