Thursday, June 4, 2009

Special Olympics Soccer

So I have been helping with the Special Olympics and we just finished with the Summer Games last weekend. Bingham had 2 soccer teams and upper division and a lower division. I don't know much about soccer so I was not as much a coach this time, but more of a cheer leader and helper to make sure the kids got water and lunches and stuff. Kennady came with me all day it was down at BYU, and she loved it! We watched most of the games, but me and Charron had to leave early to get back to basketball camp, bummer. Well our upper division team took the Gold medal!!!! They even beat Riverton to get it which makes it better! The lower division took the Silver! I am so sad we had to miss the final game for both teams! But I am so proud of them and loved being apart of this and witnessing the amazing sportsmanship and wonderful kids that are just so excited to be there and be apart of something. I get emotional just talking about it, and even being there everytime they would score we would cheer so loud and I would get a little teary eyed just watching them! I have a video clip of one of the kids scoring I will upload later on! Way to go guys!!

1 comment:

Bailey Family said...

that sounds like so much fun! What an exciting event to be apart of! I am way happy that you did that! i want to come next time you do, so let me know. Fun to see you last weekend!!! Looks like you have been doing some fun stuff. Your annual scrapbooking trip looked like another success! Fun!