Sunday, September 28, 2008

Kennady's Surgery

When Kennady was born, she had a problem with her eyes clearing out, her tear ducts were clogged. Her left one finally cleared out about 4 months after she was born. Her right eye never fully cleared up. We had to put ointment in her eye 3 times a day for a whole year! Her eye would get infected really easy, and she always had a goopy eye. Whenever she would wake up in the morning or after her naps she always had a crusty eye, it was horrible! I hated dealing with it. Well finally at a year they do something about it, so we had to go to the eye Dr (which was a 3 hour experience waiting in a Dr's office) and they did surgery on her eye on September 4th (I know I am behind on this). It was not a very hard procedure, but she had to have anesthesia, which I was really scared and nervous about. They went in and unclogged the blockage, then they took a little balloon thing and opened up her tear duct a little more. It was scary, and she had to wait in the surgery waiting room for a long time! She could not eat or drink the whole time either. We got there at 9 and her surgery was supposed to be at 10:20, but they didn't take her until almost noon! She kept signing "drink" it was so sad, we just had to keep her busy with toys and books! She got to wear these cute hospital pajamas! When they came to get her we got to walk for a little while back to the operating room, then they took her from me and she like freaked out! I did too! She was crying so hard, I was crying, it was aweful!! But about 25 minutes later the Dr came and said it all went good, I got to go back to the recovery room, and she was not happy crying really loud, and so I got to be with her for that! Everything was good, later that day she acted like nothing was even wrong, or nothing had happened! And her eye is perfect now! No more Goop!! YEAH !! All that we went through in a whole year for it to be just perfect now! But here are some pics of her at the hospital, we forgot our camera so these are off Ty's phone.
Eating Crayons Playing ...more play
Before(the Dr had to mark her eye) After in the car

2 comments:

Kristie said...

That would be scary! I am glad everything went well. Kennady is adorable.

Jessica said...

Hey Cami,
I've been reading your blog but not commenting for a little while. I just wanted to comment about this because my daughter Sophie needs to have a non-urgent surgery and so we have to decide when to do it. How old is Kennady? I was just wondering if you thought it was a good age, I'm afraid the older they are the more tramatizing it would be.
Thanks, Jessica