Monday, August 24, 2009

Bountiful Triathlon

On August 8th Ty and I did a triathlon together. I originally signed up for it without Ty, but later we found out that the swim was last, it went run, bike, swim and if you know me I am not a swimmer! I actually took lessons this summer, haha. So it made me nervous to have the swim be last, so Ty really wanted to do the run portion of the race so we signed up as relay team! Ty ran the 5k in 21 minutes, I did the 11.8 mile bike in 37 minutes, and the 400 meter swim in 13! The swim was slow, but crazy people were jumping in all over and there was like 10 people per lane, actually at one point a guy pushed me under the water and swam over the top of me, it freaked me out! But anyway we loved doing this together and had a lot of fun. Ty's friend Trent Vukich did the whole thing and he took 3rd in his age division, he did awesome! Afterwards the Low's and Vukich's we all went to Ihop for breakfast, it was a lot of fun. Also thanks to everyone that came and supported us!! We definitely want to do a tri separately on September 12th in Sandy.
If anyone has any advise on how to swim and breath good let me know!!
My cute sisters!
Support crew!
running to transition for bike
Here comes Trent!
Here comes Ty!
More support crew!
Dirty face and all!!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I can't believe someone swam over the top of you! that's nuts. I've never done a tri with the swim indoors, that's a good idea open water is a lot worse. I would say in general breathing while swimming just takes practice but when I taught swim lessons I always said, "chin to shoulder!!" Hope that helps, you are awesome, keep racing!

The Rasmussen's said...

You are my hero! How fun for you and for Ty! I don't think I could ever do it.

Megan said...

Good job. We did one last spring and it went swim, bike, run. I thought it was super hard to jump off my bike and run and be dead weight after going so fast on my bike. I am not a swimmer either so I don't have any tips. Did you like it more than running? I would much rather just run than try to swim. Good job you cute two.